Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
- To provide leadership for the store, setting an excellent standard for the store and inspiring the team to achieve it.
- To own the employee experience, driving employee satisfaction and elevating team behaviours.
- To own the customer experience, driving customer satisfaction and increasing brand loyalty.
- To drive performance and growth, through excellent operational and commercial execution.
- Establish a constant focus on Brand, continually driving engagement, knowledge and passion for the Brand across the store team.
- Be on the shop floor.
- Be a presence leading on the shop floor, acting as a brand ambassador and role modelling Burberry behaviours
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to the store team to deliver excellent customer experience
- Maintain a luxury environment, ensuring excellent execution1 and maintenance of Visual Merchandising guidelines across the store
- Drive the use of digital assets to enhance the customer experience.
- Retain and develop talent.
- Lead, inspire and manage a high performing, positive store team.
- Continually elevate the capability of the store team through recruitment2, staff development, mobility and effective succession planning.
- Establish a learning culture and maintain a strong connection of the store team to the Brand.
- Advocate product.
- Have excellent product knowledge and drive the same standard across the store team
- Maintain a strong understanding of product sales performance and optimise sales of the available inventory.
- Nurture customer relationships.
- Establish and embed customer focused behaviours across the store team.
- Build and cultivate long term customer relationships and lead the team to do the same.
- Drive store performance and productivity
- Build and maintain familiarity with the local external environment; customers, competitors and talent.
- Maintain a commercial mindset and continually identify and convert opportunities to drive store performance.
- Drive operational excellence across all areas of the store.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate standards, policies and initiatives.
- Health and Safety.
- Ensure your store has a written plan in place that details the actions to be taken in the event of an emergency evacuation. This plan must be practiced at least annually, involving all employees, and recorded on Rivo as having been completed.
Demonstrated alignment with the Burberry Store Management behaviours:
- Service Focused
- Leading to Inspire
- Commercially Aware
- Developing Talent
- Driving Excellence
- Local language plus English.
- A passion for and interest in fashion, and a luxury ethos.
- A digital awareness and interest, with an ability to comfortably navigate social media and e-commerce sites.
- Awareness of local employment and retail legislation.
- Flexible to work as required to meet store needs.
- Experience in a luxury brand or in a luxury service and selling environment.
- Retail Management experience appropriate to the role, to be assessed based on the size and complexity of previous roles. Metrics will include sales turnover and volume and the number and types of roles previously managed.
Location: Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.