The successful applicant will be engaged on a service-contracted hourly paid basis with a minimum of 25 hours per week. The number of hours required will increase leading up to Taste of Australia events. The rate of payment will be VND294,000 per hour and payment will be based on actual hours worked. Applicants should note that the position does not receive an entitlement to paid leave nor other financial benefit and that the contract period will be for a maximum of 6 months.
Under direction from the First Secretary (Political), the position will manage arrangements for the Taste of Australia 2019 events in Hanoi under DFAT’s management (to take place in April-May 2019) in consultation and cooperation with relevant Embassy and HCMC Consulate Staff.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Plan, manage and coordinate details for each event, including timelines, venues, suppliers, budgets, permits and all other event logistics
· Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and negotiate prices and hire
· Control and ensure expenses are in line with the budget and in accordance with Australian Government accounting practices
· Manage Taste of Australia branding including development and production
· Develop and implement a media and promotional strategy for Taste of Australia, (including through social media and traditional media channels) and support design of promotional materials which are tailored to target audiences
· Liaise with sponsors, event and media partners, and manage their participation in events
· Work closely with the Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City to ensure coherence of the national Taste of Australia program
· Produce post-event evaluations and reports to inform future events
· Provide high level interpreting and translation as required
· Support broader work of the Political and Strategic Communications Section and other sections as required.
· Demonstrated experience planning, managing and executing large scale events, and proven ability to manage supplier contracts and a strict budget
· Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to cultivate strong professional networks
· Excellent organisational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and the proven ability to work under pressure
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in digital communications
· Creative, proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving
· Demonstrated high level written and verbal English and Vietnamese language skills
· Proficiency in high level report writing
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software package, including internet research skills.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this job, please send your CV to [email protected] and include in the subject the job title and company name.