We are looking for a Business Director with experience in integrated marketing and organizational transformation on one of Asia’s largest and most high profile global business – FMCG account.
The Business Director is responsible for health and growth of account relationships. They are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of relationships between Ogilvy and clients, the quality of all deliverables and the integration of ideas and resources across functional groups. They oversee strategy and business development for each client. They draw on a wide range of client-specific experience to help create a big-picture perspective for clients' traditional advertising and digital business efforts. Finally, the Business Director is responsible for defining an annual revenue target per their client roster and then work to successfully deliver the revenue figure.
- Responsible for the total revenue delivery and direct contribution of the accounts in his/her group
- Deliver the financial targets
- Deliver on New Business Targets
- Develop the yearly Client business plans and monthly reports for all key accounts under his / her portfolio
Personnel and Training
- To ensure the development and appropriate training of personnel.
- Responsibilities for the identification and recruitment of personnel.
- Training and development of local staff to undertake/support the services we provide (in this case for the entire group).
- Contribute actively to the management team and associated forums which add to the continued evolvement of the business.
Account Planner/Strategic Counsel
- Be the key strategy and Client relationship owner for his/her assigned Clients.
- Ultimate responsibility for Client satisfaction and overall quality of output of the agency
- Provide clients counsel in the development of successful customer management strategies
- General business planning and marketing strategy advice.
Business Development (supporting the Managing Director)
- Independently and in partnership with the appropriate Ogilvy partners to develop, refine and implement the business development strategy
- To identify and develop new business opportunities
- To identify and deliver new business activities augment and/or expand the Ogilvy Advertising services.
- To present and pitch our services to potential clients in a competitive context.
- Develop long-term business and grow Ogilvy’s share of Client
- Oversee client service teams and assure delivery of assigned agency tasks.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with key senior Clients
- Ensure quality of services to clients
- Development of close working relationships with other members of the Ogilvy group, and other WPP companies.
- Drive integrated opportunities and drive new business opportunities into other business units.
- Chinese language and/or previous experience in China preferred.
- Education/ Experience: BA from an accredited school;
- 10 + years of increasing levels of responsibility and experience managing services and project related business; preferably with a combination of marketing, branding, business process, and ideally, tech industry exposure.
- Demonstrated understanding of several industries, ideally, industries represented on the Ogilvy group client roster such as FMCG
- Must exemplify leadership and excellence in both client management and in new business development.
- Traditional advertising or digital experience.
- Must have the ability to personally develop a strong external presence for the company.
- Experience managing large staff organizations with service and business development incentives.
- Thorough understanding of marketing new media techniques including Internet, Intranet and extranet development, as well as understanding of overall marketing strategy and integrated communications.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team and assist with the integration of the Account Management group within Ogilvy group.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- A source of innovation, passion and creative vision.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments.
- Must have strong financial management skills.