1. Loreto Vietnam
Loreto Vietnam is a registered international non-government organization (INGO) in Vietnam
(Permit Number:15/CNV-VPDA). Loreto Vietnam exists to empower the underprivileged in
Vietnam through quality education. We are a capacity building organisation focusing on
improving access to quality education for the most disadvantaged, including children and
Since 1997, Loreto Vietnam has reached out to over 60,000 children through our projects;
giving them support in various forms to foster an encouraging learning environment. Our
staff are comprised of a dedicated, small team based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Loreto Vietnam’s staff, programs and execution of its mission with a prioritized focus on fundraising.
3.1 Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
• Actively engage and energize Loreto Vietnam’s volunteers, board members, ambassador(s) organizations, donors and other key external stakeholders including local government agencies and the Australian government in Vietnam
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board: seek and build board involvement with
strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the new strategic plan to
be developed in conjunction with the Board.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Loreto Vietnam’s high-performance team.
• Develop and ensure effective and transparent systems to track progress, manage and enhance team performance, regularly evaluate program components, ensure governance so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
3.2 Fundraising & Communications:
• Expand local and international revenue generating and fundraising activities to support
existing program operations and meet revenue targets.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations
with the goal of creating a stronger brand within Vietnam amongst Vietnamese donors as well as increase engagement with donors in Australia.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new fundraising opportunities.
3.3 Planning & New Business:
• In conjunction with the Board, drive the strategic planning process and design subsequent
annual business plans for Board approval.
• Begin to build partnerships, establishing relationships with new donors who are business and community leaders.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Loreto Vietnam’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, financial management and fundraising/business development experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• Degree with at least 5 years of management experience preferably with experience in
Vietnam; track record of effectively leading and/or scaling a performance and outcomes based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Demonstrated experience in financial management
• Excellent marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board with the ability to cultivate existing board member
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach in situations of
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Experience working in the non-profit sector in Vietnam is preferable
• Fluency in English is mandatory, Vietnamese language proficiency is not required but highly preferable