Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Will be responsible for executing medical affairs strategy in the assigned zone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the current practices, medicines being used, and trends in relation to their respective therapeutic area through key customer contacts, attending scientific symposia and reviewing key therapeutic journals in order to provide relevant information to internal and external customers.
- Effectively gathers and disseminates information in a concise and understandable format to both internal and external customers and position BI Medical as a preferred partner for key customers through credible and clear non-promotional communication Execute key medical projects (e.g. IIS studies) to ensure that BI interacts most efficiently with customers and key customer networks through optimal contact, so as to bring significant value to both the customer and BI
- Participate in the implementation of the local medico marketing strategy
- Identify the EEs in the territory. Develop relationship with team and network for effective promotion of BI and BI products. Give feedback to the management regularly about KOL development.
- Provide medical and product expertise towards registration of new products/indications with federal/state regulatory authorities through delivery of scientific presentations, provision of medical rationale and published literature, and liaison with key HCPs for obtaining support for new product/indication.
- Provide medical and product expertise towards defense of marketed products (regulators, NGOs, press, etc.)
- Write, revise, and review labeling documents for pipeline/local products per relevant SOPs
- Assist regulatory affairs with EE access when appropriate
- Required capabilities - Communication skills (both written and verbal including medical writing and presentation skills). Knowledge of "pharmaceutical medicine" including clinical pharmacology, medical statistics and relevant therapy area/products.
Boehringer Ingelheim is a research-driven pharmaceutical company and one of the top 20 pharmaceutical firms worldwide. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally in over 100 countries and has more than 47,700 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2014, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 13.3 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 23.1% of its net sales.