Senior Relationship Manager
The successful candidate will be a permanent member of AustCham Shanghai's Secretariat, a professional team of 22, delivering exceptional benefits and membership value year-round to more than 400 corporate and individual members. AustCham Shanghai is the peak body for Australian business in the most dynamic market in the world. The Chamber offers a friendly working environment with compelling professional development and training opportunities for staff.
• Manage the membership activities of AustCham Shanghai and work with the General Manager in setting and achieving the Chamber’s membership strategy and revenue targets
• Lead AustCham Shanghai’s membership team, driving staff development and performance
• Provide support and advice to the General Manager in strategic planning and development goals related to membership satisfaction and the acquisition of new members
• Manage the Chamber’s Industry Forums through fostering information sharing between members and driving regular meetings and content creation
• Work closely with internal teams across events, communications and business engagement to add value to AustCham Shanghai members
Education: Bachelor degree.
Language: Excellent written and spoken English. Chinese language skills would also be an asset.
- A minimum of five years working experience is required. Previous working experience in China and an understanding of the local market is desirable. For foreign nationals a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related field is required for visa purposes.
- Demonstrated interest in international trade, Australia/China relations, and a solid understanding of the Australian and Chinese business environments
- Demonstrated experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders including commercial, government or non-for-profit organisations
- Proven experience effectively managing people and leading dynamic teams in fast paced environments
- Demonstrated experience managing major revenue generating activities
- Demonstrated experience in project management and involvement in corporate change and improvement activities
- Ability to drive a culture that prioritises AustCham Shanghai members
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position please send your CV with a cover letter detailing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements outlined above.