Engineer - Powertrain Installation
The Powertrain Installation Group is in charge of the development of components related to engine installation within GTT-VE (engine cooling, clean air supply, noise encapsulation, oil fill & check, gearbox controls, cooling coil for air production system).
The applicant will be responsible for mechanical design activities within the Powertrain installation component team. He/she will mainly work on Pipes and hoses, air intake, oil filling as well as gearbox controls, but may have to support other areas depending the workload.
- Manage the design of several components within the team by respecting design rules and Volvo standards. He/she will have to deliver the CAD models and detailed drawings for the parts and their documentation in the Volvo systems.
- Update and/or create needed documents to design the components (TR, …).
- Anchor its design work, by interacting with other teams within the company (Product Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing, After-Market, Quality, Product Range Management, Brands) and with our external suppliers.
- Validate its design with required rigs/vehicles
- Depending on the applicant profile, additional responsibilities could be added on advanced engineering activities, simulations and performance related tasks.
BE in mechanical or automobile engineering from a reputed institute with consistent performances.
- Good knowledge in plastic moulding, plastic injection, sheet metal, rubber technology.
- Experience in Air intake system design
- Development and verification of components with suppliers
- Plastic/ rubber part design for moulding
- Sheet metal component design
- Experience in different mounding techniques and sheet metal tool technologies
- Strong engineering fundamentals is mandatory. - Fluid Dynamics and Thermo dynamics, Basics of Vibrations and stress
- 3 to 4 years of practical experience.
- Mandatory: Fully competent/ Expert in Pro-Engineer (3D, pipes, drawings, surface, sheet metal).
- Tolerance stack-up, GD&T,
- PRO-E Creo
- Knowledge in Volvo tools and processes is a plus (Kola, Protus, …).
- DFMEA/ DFA-M/ DFAM (Knowledge of quality tools)
- Risk tools (Risk analysis)
- English : Fluent.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment.