Head Of Strategic Operations
This position will provide leadership and be responsible for the Strategic Operations Department which encompasses the Technology Solutions, Knowledge Management, Property Management, Legal, Procurement and Creative Multimedia Sectors and that their activities are aligned with the Strategic Operations Department Business Plan and WWF-Malaysia Strategic Plan as well as other guiding documents and directives from the CEO, FOAC and the Board of Trustees.This role will also take on responsibilities and mandates as delegated by the Executive Director/CEO.
- To provide leadership, direction and guidance in the day to day operations of all Sectors and the teams managed in the Department, and the overall operations functions in WWF-Malaysia.
- To ensure that the current Department Strategic Business plan is implemented - managing and working with the relevant teams for TS, KM, Legal, Procurement, Property Management and CM sectors.
- To periodically review and develop a multi-year Strategic Business Plan with the relevant Sector Leaders for SOD in alignment to the Conservation and Marketing Strategies and implement it accordingly using adaptive management where relevant.
- To ensure that WWF-Malaysia adheres to all policies, SOPs and guidelines on all Operational matters as directed by WWF-International and the WWF International Board.
- A postgraduate degree with minimum 10 years relevant experience OR a professional qualification with a minimum of 15 years of experience with particular emphasis in Operations is a pre-requisite. A general business experience of working in WWF-Malaysia for a minimum of 3 years is an added advantage.
- A passion and conviction for nature conservation is essential with knowledge of the operational business.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the nature of business and its strategies, the Network and how WWF-Malaysia operates and its philosophy.
- Experience of working in a multicultural / international environment
- International working experience, specifically in the coordination of a team/s of people with different cultural backgrounds, is essential.
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals within and outside the WWF Network;
- Strong general business acumen, always looking ahead, trying to gain insight into what opportunities will be coming and what competitive threats are likely to emerge.
- Having the ability to devise strategies to remain one step ahead of others.
- Analyses and problem solves at highly developed level. Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail are critical to success.
- Able to lead and manage change within the organisation
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Exceptional Presentation Skills;
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion; ability to handle change and uncertainty.