Software Engineering Manager
To ensure best in class staffing and process organization for projects, maintenance and improvementactivities, both for todays activities, and strategic competency development for long term (5 year horizon).Drive improvements, focused on process, technology, domain, organization and culture to support realizationof high quality products/services, with high speed of innovation and with engaged employees.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Defines, maintains and deploys the processes (i.e. departmental, competence area, tooling) and ensures that an appropriate quality level is executed (i.e. Performs audit).
- Ensures the quality of the content of the design outputs within his competence area.
- Defines, implements and deploys improvements
- Monitors developments in his competence area within and outside PMS.
- Responsible for technology roadmaps for his competence area.
- Defines and executes staffing plan based upon product, technology and process roadmaps.
- Defines and implements knowledge management (installed base, present & future needs).
- Responsible for employee training and career paths, appraisal and routine career talks.
- Responsible for recruitment and hiring (together with Human Resource).
- Creating an environment to ensure maximized engagement of the department employees
- Responsible the departmental budget with respect to costs and investments, monitors the budget and sets priorities.
- Contributes to Make and Buy decisions and implements decisions.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master/Bachelor in engineering
- Preferably 15+ years of relevant experience
- Strong leadership competences
- Strong people management skills
- Expertise in SW Architecture, Design and Development methodologies
- Experienced leader with regards to change management
- Ability to handle cultural differences
- Organizational talent
- Familiar with Quality systems and standards
- Track record of demonstrated People and Process Management skills (at least 5 years experience)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in his departments profession to drive innovation
- Ability to identify changes and implement changes ( process, productivity, tools etc)
- Identifying right talents, resources, tools for project execution
- Cross functional relationship building and able to understand dynamics of product manufacturing organization.
- Guidance for selecting tools, evaluation IDE etc
- Mentoring and coaching team members
- To identify technology trends in respective areas and prepare the team for future
- Ability to contribute technically and drive to a solution
- Overall understanding of embedded development and PC development experience.
- Interaction with suppliers and ISPs for fulfilling requirements
- Managed SW projects with 20+ people
- Generate , Keep track of department metrics and working on continuous improvement
- Ensure overall functioning of department within budget