Group Head of Commercial Strategy
AirAsia has a set of ancillary businesses which drive brand connect and topline growth for the group. The group plans to leverage existing businesses to create an indomitable growth story and brand loyalty for the customers.
This role will report directly to the Group Chief Commercial Officer.
It demands close co-ordination with all these ancillary as well as new business opportunities to connect the dots and drive the future commercial growth trajectory for the group. The role is responsible to deliver along the following 5 pillars :
- Strategize, plan and execute key strategic commercial initiatives across the group
- Drive co-ordination between ancillary business units to align towards a single group vision
- Focus on new initiatives based on Air Asia Group’s priorities and future plans
- Support digital and financial services aspirations for the group & different teams working on this
- Foster key partnerships and alliances with businesses and market shapers
This role requires close working relationship with internal teams as well as the CXO’s within the group and will be responsible to take ownership of key group initiatives ensuring nothing “falls between the cracks”. The role's responsibilities would include :
- Work closely with the ancillary business leads and respective group CEO’s to align on key priorities across the market.
- Ensure that commercial targets for the identified ancillary services are met & aggressive growth plans pave the future path for the businesses.
- Build, maintain relationship and liaise with key business partners for joint initiatives.
- Lead the partnership team to drive regular coordination and end-to-end implementation.
- Work together with all the market and respective AirAsia's CEOs to ensure implementation of the initiatives across the board
- Minimum Master's Degree in Strategy or equivalent.
- Experience in dealing with C-suite executives is a must with ability to deal with business heads.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
- Instinctive feeling about future product/service is preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, detailed-oriented with pleasant personality.
- Hard working, ability to work long hours and under pressure.
- Good presentation skills and ability to simplify complicated matters into concise points.
- Ability to manage multiple projects both tactical and strategic in nature within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate keen passion to travel especially within Asia Region.