Principal Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Overview of the role
The role of a Principal in HEOR is primarily that of a leader; of larger projects, of business development initiatives and of other strategic priorities. The Principal is expected to develop solid working relationships with members of the global HEOR team, to facilitate joint working and most appropriate use of the large pool of knowledge and skills available.
On projects, the Principal will work directly with clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction through the provision of value added input and by ensuring that deliverables recognise and respond to strategic issues. S/he is also required to make a significant contribution to revenue targets through the acquisition of business from existing and new clients.
- Lead work relating to the HEOR business areas (health economic modelling, HTA submissions, value communication, market access strategy and outcomes research) to a high standard which meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Lead other specific business initiatives or workstreams as required
- Participate in weekly HEOR Management Meetings and monthly Business Team meetings.
- Mentor other HEOR staff at Senior Consultant and Director level.
- Contribute to other human resource activities including leading interview panels and managing strategic initiatives.
- Remain current on industry, client and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues for assigned clients.
- Continue to strengthen technical expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Lead the production of strategically important proposals responding to client RFPs and other sources.
- Support the development of the HEOR business by taking responsibility for specific BD areas and/or clients. Seek out and identify new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients.
- Identify and follow up on new business opportunities, including making BD visits and presentations accompanied by a more junior IMS colleague if appropriate.
- Lead internal HEOR initiatives eg training courses.
Project management / Client liaison
- Be the primary owner of assigned client engagements with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high quality work meeting or exceeding expectations and giving significant and tangible client impact.
- Lead client and other external meetings in the home base country and elsewhere in Europe and the US, alone or accompanied by senior or junior colleagues.
- Manage the client interface and project team to achieve efficient and effective project delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLLS
- BA/BSc in science, economics or a related discipline
- Postgraduate qualification in economics, health economics, health services research, or a relevant related area, or health-related MBA.
- Post graduate work experience in a related area such as economics, health economics, statistics, psychology or science.
- Several years experience of working at management level in different positions with responsibility for leading business initiatives and teams.
- Experience of an environment where a sizeable proportion of objectives are achieved through employing external consultants, giving an insight into the nature of client/consultant relationships.
Essential general technical skills and knowledge
- Commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience.
- An established network of contacts in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Subject matter expertise in two or more product areas.
- Good understanding of outcomes research and/or economic theory and the ability to apply this in practice.
- Good understanding of and interest in the international health care environment
- Numerate with good quantitative skills and competent in using Word and PowerPoint.
- High level of literacy – able to appraise evidence critically and review reports and manuscripts to ensure clear, concise language as required by the type of work.
Essential personal skills and behaviours
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); strong business/scientific written English
- The ability and inclination to take on a leadership role within projects and to take the initiative in working situations generally
- Demonstrable competence in project management with proven time management and personal organisational skills.
- An ability to build strong business relationships.
- A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with others in and across the team to accomplish goals.
- A commitment to timely internal and client communication; with clients, IQVIA project managers and team members, IQVIA colleagues and others.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- A pragmatic and logical problem-solving approach.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.