Lead Compliance Investigator
Working with other stakeholders in Legal, Compliance, Controllership, HR and other areas, the Investigations Counsel/Investigator will (1) lead investigations of policy concerns raised through the open reporting system; (2) provide regular updates of cases status to business stakeholders. This role is critical to the planning and implementation of GE’s compliance program.
This Counsel/Investigator must have a proven record of being thorough, fair, and objective with attention to detail, and timely and adapt easily to working in a diverse and multicultural work environment.
- Lead and handle independent investigations
- Carry out prompt, thorough, and objective investigations into alleged violations of law or company policy. Cases may involve any of GE’s Spirit & Letter policies. For example, matters may concern complex questions involving finance, controllership, conflict of interest, quality, sourcing, EHS, information technology and security, intellectual property, improper payments, and more.
- Review and assess complaints and allegations and be able to develop and execute to an investigation plan
- Conduct concern raiser, witness, and subject interviews
- Conduct investigative research: including review and analyze all reliable and relevant information (i.e. emails, data files, invoices) including performing forensic analysis and reviewing Corporate and business-specific policies & procedures
- Prepare high quality written reports of the investigation which provide a clear and logical account of the allegations, investigative work performed, key findings and conclusions.
- Provide oral briefings on cases, and identify appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintain client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provide evidence based conclusion and recommendation on sound diagnosis and information
- Partner with legal, Ombuds/Open Reporting and other functions to identify and understand trends; analyze and report out on such trends and thereby enable the organization to respond in a timely and proactive manner
- Know and understand all applicable legal and policy requirements pertaining to the conduct of investigations including in areas involving employee interviews, data privacy, labor and employment requirements, and more; monitor changes in such laws and policies and provide guidance to colleagues with respect to such changes
- Bachelor’s degree, J.D. degree preferred but not required
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in workplace investigations, compliance, law, internal audit, controllership, or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Power Point and Excel skills a requirement
- Professional fluency in English is required
- Foreign language skills a plus: Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin
- Law degree, post-graduate degree in business or another relevant field, or a financial/controllership background would be preferable.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at various levels of the organization
- CAS or other leadership program graduate with investigations experience
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, proven ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, and discuss findings and recommendations at a senior level and produce clear and compelling report
- Proven analytical and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to digest large amounts of information and distill it into the essential elements
- Highest personal integrity with demonstrate ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire trust
- Experience performing investigative interviews
- Self-motivated with ability to handle a large and varied caseload simultaneously, to multitask, and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with senior business and functional leaders throughout the organization
- Process and detail-oriented, including strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- High level of cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional intelligence in order to work effectively within GE's multicultural environment
Locations: Indonesia; Jakarta
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.