At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Our network of 21,000 professionals serving financial services collaborates with leading banks, insurers and capital market companies to deliver business and IT solutions and thought leadership to our clients worldwide.
Main purpose of the role:
We @Capgemini Singapore are looking to recruit a number of Junior Developers.
We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience working in Java Development using Core Java / UI / SQL or Java Full Stack. These roles represent a unique opportunity for Junior Developesr to gain further exposure to learn Advance Development/Programming Skills and work with some of the top Banking, Capital Markets and or Insurance institutions.
You should be flexible to learn & adapt advance development, programming skills. Ability to grow in Global Culture & interested to work with Global teams. Open to work in other countries if required.
- To analyse user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- To develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; ; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- To integrate applications by designing database and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- To create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- To complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- To develop comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- To update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
- Candidates with good understanding of Application, Information, and Integration Implementation, ideally for financial services clients.
- Should have atleast 0-3 years experience in any of following areas:
- Good experience with Core Java (Version 7 preferred, version 5 essential) and/or Web/UI Technologies (HTML, CSS, JQuery, Dojo, AJAX, Web Services REST/SOAP) and/or Web/UI Frameworks (Struts 2, Apache Tiles, Spring, Hibernate)
- Exposure to Agile development practices are useful
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design and UML skills are essential
- Ability to develop sensible, simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and when to apply them
- Commercial awareness, including ability to recognise commercial and technical risk
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with CGPA of 3.5+ out 5
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer