Head- Program Operations
CARE India is a part of the CARE International Confederation working in 84 countries for a world where all people live in dignity and security.
CARE has been working in India for over 60 years, focusing on ending poverty and social injustice through comprehensive programmes in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response.
In India, CARE focuses on the empowerment of women and girls, because they are disproportionately affected by poverty and discrimination and suffer abuse and violations in the realisation of their rights, entitlements and access and control over resources.
For more information about CARE India please visit http://www.careindia.org/
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning, the Head-Program Operations shall be responsible to ensure effective implementation of projects across CARE India. S/he will work in close coordination with the respective units in the headquarters and program hubs to ensure effective project cycle management, including project roll-out, implementation, and close-out. S/he will coordinate with the donors, HQ teams, and Regional Program Directors to ensure compliance to donor requirements (timely and quality reporting) and implementation as per agreed timeframe. As part of her/his responsibilities s/he would also coordinate with the donors to address programmatic concerns. S/he would also lead the grants and agreements management for CARE India and would hold the direct interface with the donors and CARE Member Partners.
S/he will also work for ensuring accomplishment of deliverables by the regional teams thereon also extend support to the teams in accomplishment of the project deliverables and monitor the same on a regular basis.
This position also works towards building capacity of the field personnel on donor requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Ensure Effective Program Cycle Management
(1) Identify and develop good Program Cycle Management practices;
(2) Support the teams in adhering to the Project Cycle Management processes to ensure quality systems for program are in place;
(3) Work closely with the Regional Program Directors (RPDs)/ CoPs to ensure compliance with the elements of the Project Cycle Management;
(4) Ensure timely roll-out of projects by organizing the start-up and inception meetings, tracking the progress, and recommending timely actions;
(5) Support and monitor projects to conform to aspects of Project Cycle Management and detailed implementation plans;
(6) Undertake field visits and identify areas for strengthening effective implementation through proper resource utilization;
(7) Participate in program review and learning meetings in the hubs, and undertake field visits to the projects to monitor program operations;
(8) Keep the Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning updated on a periodic basis on the status of Project Cycle Management across the organisation and recommend initiatives to address them;
(9) Support teams in developing quality and timely donor reports and make timely submission to the donors as stipulated in the agreement;
(10) Support Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning in review of key program operations documents including contracts.
(11) Support Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning in reviewing the monthly progress of hubs;
(12) Follow up with the RPDs to ensure requisite actions taken on the monthly recommendations;
(B) Donor Management and CARE Member Partners
(1) Coordinate with the donors for timely finalisation and signing of contract;
(2) Review the contract agreements and share with the Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning for its finalization;
(3) Lead the work with the team members to develop and implement the donor reporting calendar;
(4) Coordinate with the CARE Member Partners for finalisaing IPIAs (Individual Project Implementation Agreements) through negotiations on budget and agreement clauses as required.
(C) NGO Partnership and Management
(1) Work with the RPDs/ CoP to develop and implement the NGO partnership strategy for CARE India;
(2) Process partner agreements at the CIHQ and review that the selection processes are carried out as per the organizational laid out processes.
(D) Emergency Response
(1) Lead CARE India’s emergency response operation as deputed in the assignment;
(2) Work closely with the Interagency Group in Need-Assessment and coordinating the response;
(3) Liaise with government officials and stakeholders in effective implementation of response work;
(4) Coordinate with the donors for agreements and CMPs for IPIAs.
(E) Financial Coordination
(1) Coordinate with the project teams and finance unit for analysis of variance and timely booking of expenses;
(2) Work with the Hubs and the finance unit to ensure regular and timely availability of funds to the projects;
(3) Share documents/ reports to finance unit as required on a periodic basis for submission to government authorities.
(F) Documentation, Reports, and Guidelines
(1) Support Executive Director – Program Operations, Quality, and Learning and the project teams in developing the organizational guidelines on effective project implementation;
(2) Develop relevant guidance and supportive tools on practices to strengthen effective program operations practices as required;
(3) Ensure proper upkeep of all the documents/ files pertaining to projects implemented across CARE India;
(4) Ensure safe upkeep of documents in hard copy and digitized form;
(5) Develop periodic project briefs of all the projects in CARE India for wider-sharing.
(G) Coordination with Various Units
(1) Provide inputs to the Program Development Unit on program operations and project implementation plan for developing proposals;
(2) Support Impact Measurement unit to generate monitoring indicators in tracking program progress to feed inputs to national level dashboard;
(3) Coordinate with various technical teams to ensure timely support to projects;
(4) Support Human Resources in recruitment process by providing programmatic insights in the selection process;
(5) Support communication unit to have access to pertinent information on various projects for organizational branding and positioning.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be Post Graduate in Social Sciences or equivalent from a reputed Institute.
(1) A minimum of 10 years of experience in the development sector and ample experience of dealing with government counterparts, donors and national and international development partners;
(2) Demonstrable experience of managing large scale projects;
(3) Proven experience of donor and contract management.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Project planning and implementation;
(2) Analytical skills;
(3) Decision making abilities;
(4) Ability to lead initiative and develop networks;
(5) Strong ability to liaison;
(6) Effective communication;
(7) Excellent documentation and reporting skills;
(8) Financial acumen;
(9) Ability to use MS office effectively;
(10) Interpersonal skills;
(11) Team work orientation.
Gross compensation for the position shall be attractive. Please note that the offer shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Eligible candidates interested in this position, are requested to apply by following https://goo.gl/eQ9Kka , with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before December 15, 2017.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with promising candidates shall commence right away.