Public Affairs Director - Asia Pacific Region
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand first with our people, not with consumers. Because we believed the best way to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people,
we invested in employees.”
– Howard Schultz, Executive Chairman
As a public affairs director in Starbucks Asia Pacific region, you are a strategic business partner to facilitate the integrated communications planning, development, execution and evaluation of multifaceted business projects and programs. You provide professional guidance and leadership to regional and market level senior leaders as well as cross-functional partners to realize the strategic business objectives through driving increased proactive brand and business engagement across the region. In this role, you will partner with Public Affairs colleagues and liaise with multiple functions across our market, regional and global offices to achieve results in support of the business.
As public affairs director you will:
- Lead and develop integrated strategic communications plans evaluating enterprise-wide impacts, milestones and risks for multiple projects and programs including key messages, market overviews, executive bios, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets, timelines and presentations that support the strategic business and company goals.
- Build regional and market capabilities to elevate business, Coffee, Social Impact (CSR) programs and storytelling and to mitigate risks through the development of effective materials and simulation exercises to ensure successful program execution.
- Develop Consumer PR campaigns and key business announcement ensuring teams understand and work toward accomplishing the vision, goals and objectives of the program with check-ins to determine program improvements to support the company’s ongoing regional growth
- Drive and monitor project execution ensuring the program deliverables meet desired outcomes and effective team communication on program status and escalation to resolve issues as needed.
- Counsel regional and market level senior leaders on strategic communications opportunities to drive business objectives and growth.
- Maintain strong relationships with media, influencers and stakeholders and expertise within the Asia Pacific region.
- Oversee cost effectiveness of programs and exercise cost controls to achieve financial goal and effective use of the program budget.
- Manage agencies as needed.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 10+ years or more experience in retail, Food & Beverage, agency, and/or corporate management experience
- Experience managing multiple complex projects and programs within organizations of scale
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, including an aptitude in assessing and prioritizing incoming assignments, managing competing deadlines, and a willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed
- Experience working with news media, notably business and financial media
- Ability to work as a self-starter, requiring limited supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude and ability to collaborate with partners across the organization
- Ability to drive, lead, and partner with both small and large virtual teams
- Written, verbal, and visual communications effectiveness
- Empathy for differing cultures both among the 14 markets we serve and in leveraging the diverse backgrounds of our partners
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.