Senior Payroll Consultant
Report to: Payroll Manager
This job holder will be part of client delivery team in providing payroll processing and support to our HR outsourcing clients. This position will be involved in the full cycle of payroll processing to ensure daily deliverables of excellent services to a portfolio of clients.
- Involved in the full cycle of payroll processing such as undertaking payroll calculation, performing payroll reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensuring that employee changes are entered correctly and made on timely basis. Reviewing changes for proper registration with relevant authorities like social insurance authority, labor department and tax department.
- Examine client(s)’s payroll advice for completeness and clarify with client(s) if in doubt and upload data in system for processing.
- Involved in annual year-end tax finalization. To generate tax finalization form for clients and to provide resolution to any related queries.
- Partner with the client’s appointed personnel to ensure responsive resolution of employee payroll issues/inquiries in a timely manner.
- Address and resolve tier 1 escalations on operational issues related to payroll, processing, banking and clients’ queries.
- Buddy-up with junior consultant and cross checking payroll advice against clients’ checklist (four eyes check principle) before sending over to client for verification.
- Stand in if required, in the absence of other team members, to manage the activities of their clients
- Maintain proper filling and documentation of all relevant documents (Payroll advice, reports and correspondence pertaining to client(s) payroll.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree/ Professional Certificate in HRM or its equivalent.
- 3 - 4 years of relevant working experience in payroll, preferably in an outsourcing environment or have managed large employees’ payroll in a multi-national company.
- Client focused and customer sensitive service behaviour.
- Possesses a strong sense of responsibility, positive disposition, initiative, high integrity and able to work under strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, yet able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good command of spoken and written English skills.
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.