Social Media Manager
Lead and drive Cargill's APAC social media strategy: 50%
- Create a cohesive social media strategy for APAC across all social media channels that ensures consistency of messaging and voice while also ensuring that our social media efforts are targeting the right audiences with the right goals. Work across stakeholder groups to gain alignment and broad understanding of our strategy and the work being done to support it. Also work to align the APAC policy with the larger global social media strategy and guidelines.
- Own and manage our corporate social media channels in APAC – including curating content, managing editorial calendar and posting to accounts and the subsequent community management. Work to find or create relevant and engaging content that aligns with our strategy and make smart choices about what to post, when to post and when to amplify when appropriate. This will require work outside of traditional work hours and a continued "on call" mentality.
- Work to build better coordination between APAC channels and the corporate level Cargill social media channels.
- Advise APAC teams (Comms, GR, CR) about ways they can contribute to social media efforts and strategies as well as how to best coordinate for social media activity.
- Source and manage relationships with social platform partners to support opportunities and support Cargill social media practitioners in APAC.
- Measure and report on results. Provide benchmarks and analyze data related to channel performance.
- Assist as needed with main Cargill corporate team and social media accounts during times of widespread global crisis or when the corporate team needs additional manpower.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
Media and social media monitoring: 30%
- Provide real-time monitoring, alerts and spot analysis for Cargill. Working with the Global Social Media Team, participate in the daily monitoring activities to provide intelligence to the entire company as needed. This will require some work on nights and weekends.
- Serve as the team specialist for items particular to APAC, advising the global team and taking the lead when appropriate on items happening in APAC.
- Be an expert in Cargill's media monitoring system to be enabled to assist in times of crisis and program in new topics as needed for APAC-related items or for broader global crisis situations.
10% Regional Social Media Team representative:
- Serve as a regional representative of the Global Social Media Team, answering questions, advising people about Cargill's social media best practices, governance and policies. Help triage items from people in APAC, answering simple questions and escalating items that need further attention.
- Serve as the Global Social Media Team's expert on APAC social media platforms, flagging changes and helping the team in Minneapolis keep up to date on what is happening on platforms like WeChat and Weibo and how those changes may impact Cargill's social media operations in APAC.
- Help with translating existing materials into APAC languages.
- Time allotted for "other" work, including but not limited to: Attending team meetings, networking and taking time to keep up with what is changing in the APAC social media space. May require travel.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field: communications, journalism, social media, etc.
- Five years' experience as a reporter, editor, researcher, analyst or social media professional
- Knowledge of traditional media and social media, specifically social media in a business setting
- Knowledge of online and consumer behavior. Understands human nature. Instinctively understands what's sensitive, instinctively understands what will be appealing and popular, in touch with how people act and think.
- High level of curiosity: loves to read and dig, can imagine what to look for without it being immediately apparent, will search beyond what has been asked and find what is needed.
- High level of urgency: Needs to be in the know and let others know. Takes initiative, reacts quickly, communicates quickly, clearly and thoughtfully.
- High powers of comprehension: Conquers new concepts easily, can absorb enormous amounts of information on multiple subjects quickly, is able to learn a new concept and then turn around and explain it, grasps nuance.
- Excellent analytical skills: Good at detecting patters, identify what's relevant, distilling information to key takeaways and simplifying the complex.
- Excellent writing skills: Not only writes well, but writes with speed, clarity and simplicity. Able to write in a journalistic style. Knowledge of AP style a plus.
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure with fantastic interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Keen sense of priorities. Balances important and urgent and is able to switch gears quickly. Strong project management and organizational skills a must.
- Schedule flexibility: Given the responsibilities of the job and the need to coordinate with teams globally, this job will require the person filling it to be flexible with their time. The job does require some work on nights, weekends and holidays. And it will require a continued "on call" approach to work duties.
- Proficiency and high level of comfortability with social media platforms, online tools, the Microsoft suite, especially Excel, etc.
- Experience in monitoring traditional and social media in a corporate communications or public relations setting.
- Experience in a large, complex, global organization.
- Experience in business strategy and development.
- Ability to read/write multiple languages, particularly Chinese.
- Knowledge of Boolean searching logic and advanced searching techniques.
- A bent toward data and analytics. Our ideal candidate for this job is a serious data geek who can also write. Knowledge of analytics tools like Tableau a plus.
- Knowledge of Social Media Management Systems, particularly Spredfast, a plus.
Note : Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.